Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Maya Fluids Training Part I

Flamethrower



More Maya Fluids

I decided to focus some more on Maya Fluids for VFX texture generation so I picked up a tutorial from Gnomon Workshop by Wayne Hollingsworth. These tutorials can sometimes be hit or miss but this one is fantastic.

What I learned

I've used textures in fluids and just kinda went "yeah that looks right." However, this time I animated the texture so that it doesn't sit still throughout the ordeal but changes over time breaking up one of the typical VFX killers, noticeable repetition.

Another neat trick I learned is how to break up the Maya Fluids initial emission mushroom by simply animating the emitter's turbulence to be very high at the start and tone it down after a few frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment